Monday, March 8, 2010

Simple is best....

So much to blog about so little time. I have thought alot about how I can use this blog to help myself and heal some things, as well as possibly just give others or myself something to read or be entertained by.

I have a pretty good life. I tend to forget this at times, I think perhaps we all do, we take for granted all the great and wonderful and yet simple things that don't seem so "great" but really they are. The simple things to me are far better than the expensive, or elaborate ones...the big house, the nicer car, no thanks. I would rather have my rental A house, my mini van, and my simple but very pleasant and happy life.

Someone recently made a comment to me actually more of a put down of my life or how I spend my time because she isn't active in the church and she thinks that spending time with family, or hanging out with friends, or that I don't let my kids play on Sundays, that I play actual fun and family oriented card games, not poker, that I put my children to bed at 7:00 instead of 9:30 or 10:00, I don't let my children watch movies I haven't seen before, that my husband and I consider dinner and a movie date night, and I don't use language around my children that I don't want them to repeat. So to her, I lead a boring existence. I live a meek life.

For a brief moment I felt sorry for myself I almost got caught up in her words, and her opinion, but then I remembered how happy all of those things make me, and then I felt sorry for her. I thought how sad that you think sleeping around, drinking alcohol, hanging out and working in bars, letting your children stay up late on weekdays, letting them watch all the movies that you do and not care, letting them speak or talk to you with foul language, going on dates with guys that consist of poker played with money, going to dance clubs and getting drunk is a beautiful and happy life. How sad is that? Who's life should be pitied here?

I never would have thought twice about her life until she said something about mine, so then immediately I had guilt, because then I felt so bad....how she chooses to live is her business, what she judges or thinks is happiness is a personal choice...which brings me back to my life...since when do we judge each others lives and how we live...well always I suppose, but its not my concern, as long as she keeps it to herself.

My point I don't care how you choose to live your life but please don't ever assume that my life is "meager" or "unimportant" because my life is everything that I hoped it would be and more....thank you very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment